Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Review: The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox


Title: The Crepes of Wrath
Author: Sarah Fox
Series: A Pancake House Mystery #1
Publisher: Alibi
Publication Date: August 16, 2016
Source: Chatterbox

The cover of this book just screams "cozy mystery" to me, and that is exactly what it gives you!  The title also makes me kind of hungry.  It has been quite a while since I have eaten any crepes, despite how much I like them, and it makes me want to go out and get some.

Actually, there are quite a few moments in this book where you are going to find yourself really wanting a pancake...  Thankfully though, there are a couple recipes at the end so that you can make a few of them yourself!

But enough about how this book is going to make you hungry.  I am sure you are really here to find out what the book is about and a few of my non spoilerish thoughts.

The Crepes of Wrath is about Marley.  Marley has traveled back to a town she hasn't visited in quite a few years to help out her uncle while he is in the hospital.  She doesn't really know how to run a pancake house or anything, but she loves her uncle and is doing it to help him out.

Then her uncle gets out of the hospital at least a day earlier than expected - which is ok...  Until they find his body at the bottom of a cliff...

The rest of the story is about Marley trying to figure out the hows and whys of her uncle ended up at the bottom of the cliff.

Along with trying to figure out the mystery, we get to meet a lot of the townsfolk and see Marley make various types of relationships with them.  Also, we follow along with her struggle of losing her uncle Jimmy and wondering what to do with her life.

All in all, this was a nice fast paced read.  It did, however, lag a bit here and there.  There just wasn't much going on during those times, so I guess it is to be expected.

And like I said, it will make you hungry for breakfast food (specifically pancakes), so just be ready for that.

I think The Crepes of Wrath is a great introduction to a new cast of characters and small town.  It will be interesting to see where this story goes to next!

My Rating
3 Stars


This review is based on an eARC provided by the publisher through the Chatterbox program.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment