Monday, June 27, 2016

The Island by S. Usher Evans


Title: The Island
Author: S. Usher Evans
Series: The Madion War Trilogy #1
Publisher: Sun's Golden Ray Publishing
Publication Date: April 26, 2016
Source: Author

Woah!  I started this book one day and then the next day it was finished.  I didn't want to put it down.  It made me sad when I had to take a break from it to eat or sleep or talk to someone.

It was horrible!  I wanted/needed to continue.  I was so involved with the characters/story and the need to know what was going to happen.

It also didn't hurt that the story just flowed and was easy to read.  It was quite fantastic!

The Island is about two individuals, orphan Theo from Rave and Prince Galian from Kylae.  Two opposing worlds at war with each other.  One day both Galian and Theo are up in the air shooting at one another...and then the next thing they know they are stranded on an island in the middle of no where.

Oh geez.  If that doesn't tell you that there is some built in angst between the characters, I don't know what else would.  But you can definitely feel it!

Something The Island does when telling us the story is that it rotates between the two characters points of views.  I won't lie, I was worried in the beginning that I wasn't going to be able to tell the difference between Galian and Theo personality wise.  I thought that they were going to end up sounding the same in my head as I read through the story.  Thankfully, my fear was taken care of rather early on.  Once I got used to the way the story was written, I was easily able to tell the difference between the two characters.  It is something that could have gone very wrong, but thankfully it went very right.

Over all, I enjoyed the world building.  However, I do wish it was painted a little bit more for me.  I am kind of unclear as to what kind of technology the world had.  If it was more futuristic or if it was a bit in the past (when compared to our world and our time).

All in all, I loved this book.  I wanted a little bit more from it, but not too much.  I look forward to reading the rest of the series!

My Rating
4.5 Stars


This review is based on a copy provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment