Thursday, January 28, 2016

Make It, Gift It: Handmade Gifts for Every Occasion by Mari Bolte


Title: Make It, Gift It: Handmade Gifts for Every Occasion
Author: Mari Bolte
Series: Craft It Yourself Series
Publisher: Capstone Young Readers
Publication Date: August 1, 2015
Source: Publisher


Something you need to know about me is that I love to craft.  I am always looking for new ideas and things to create.  I am very fond of websites like Pinterest, however, that does not replace a good book filled with excellent craft ideas and instructions.

Make It, Gift It by Mari Bolte is an excellent craft book.  It is filled with a wide variety of crafts.  It covers so many different things!  Gift wrapping to making your own pickles - there is a little bit of a lot of stuff in here!

I really like how this book is set up too.  Each craft is set up on the page so that the directions are easy to follow and each one also has a list of essential tools that you will need to complete the task.  There are also a lot of photos - not only of fully completed projects, but of different steps along the way to completion.

Now, this book is technically aimed at preteens and teens, but I (who is much older than that) love it and definitely recommend it to any crafter.  That being said, if you do have a crafting youngster, quite a few of these will require some assistance from you or another adult as there are some that require baking etc.

This is an absolutely lovely book, and after looking into it a bit online I have discovered that there are a few more out there in this series that I need to get my hands on!

My Rating
5 stars

This review is based on a copy provided by the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment