Thursday, January 7, 2016

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Box Set by Dr. Seuss

Title: How the Grinch Stole Christmas Box Set
Author: Dr. Seuss
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 22, 2105
Source: Publisher

This is a pretty fun box set for How the Grinch Stole Christmas!  It comes not only with a nice hard cover version of the story, but also comes with a journal to keep track of your good deeds, and a stuffed Grinch!

For this review I thought it would be best to review each part separately, so here we go!

The Book:

There really isn't much that I can say about this book.  It is the classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  It has been around a long time.  There have been a few movies made based off of it.  It is by Dr. Seuss.

In short - it is a classic.  It is a nice hard cover edition that you get with this box set, not a flimsy paper back, so it should be able to hold up pretty well.  No complaints here.

The Journal:

I really liked the idea of this journal.  The point of it is to track your good deeds.  It goes along with the story in that good deeds will help your heart grow in size.  Just like how the Grinch's heart grew in the story.  It is an awesome way to include a lesson with this well loved story.

What I did not like was that the journal was flimsy and paper back.  It is also a bit small.  While I understand the thought behind the length of it, I wish that they had made it a little thicker and had given it a trade cloth cover or something.  I would really like this journal to be sturdier since the idea is to use it and write in it.  I don't think it will last very long with the way it is made now.

The Grinch:

When I handed my 10 month old the Grinch she stopped, smiled, and giggled at him before she took it.  If that doesn't say how awesome this stuffed Grinch is I don't know what will.  He is super soft and very lovable.  He also seems to be well made.

Final Thoughts:

This is a super cute box set.  It definitely makes a great gift.  You get a great story, a fun way to learn about doing nice things, and a Grinch to hug and love.  Very well rounded if you ask me.

My Rating
4.5 stars


This review is based on a finished copy provided by the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment