Saturday, November 7, 2015

Design the Life You Love by Ayse Birsel


Title: Design the Life You Love: A Step by Step Guide to Building a Meaningful Future
Author: Ayse Birsel
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Teen Speed Press
Publication Date: October 13, 2015

I have to admit, when I first got this book I was a little disappointed.  For whatever reason I thought it was going to be different than what it actually is.  I thought that it would be a bit more on the artsy/craftsy side of things to help me figure out how to build a meaningful future.  And while it is this to a certain extent, I had wanted it to be more so.

However, once I got to looking at it closer, I do really like the concept of the book.  The purpose of Design the Life You Love is to help you, the reader, look at your life and the things in your life differently.  To have a more proactive approach to it.  This book is more like a workbook than anything else.

Design the Life You Love is set up into differing sections: an introduction, warm up, deconstruction, point of view, reconstruction, expression, living the life, and the end is only the beginning.  Each section works to guide you to the over all goal of the book - changing the way you think about your life.  There are activities, sayings, and things to think about in each section.  It is really quite cool.

I really like also that Design the Life You Love repeatedly tells you to use a sketchbook to continue on with certain activities once you run out of space in the book itself.  It also has templates for you to follow for later.  This really lends to letting you use this book over and over again.  I think that is absolutely fantastic.

So while Design the Life You Love didn't end up being what I thought it was going to be, it is still a really great and useful book.  If you are looking to find something to help you get a new outlook on your life and to help get you thinking proactively, you should really check it out.

My Rating
3 stars

This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.


1 comment:

  1. I think I considered getting this for review, but I think I got that workbook vibe from it. It reminded me of homework. :D I love the concept of these types of books, but I don't think this one would fit for me. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete