Friday, September 25, 2015

Dessert & Booze Hacks by Peggy Wang


Title: Dessert & Booze Hacks
Author: Peggy Wang
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Publication Date: August 18, 2015
Source: Blogging for Books

At first glance this book is a tiny little thing and consists of cardboard like paper.  Don't let that trick you though.  This book is full of goodies to create!

Most of the book is actually dessert recipes (or hacks), but there is a nice handful of booze ones towards the end.  There are 75 different things for you to try out in total, and the most fantastic thing about all of it is that they are incredibly easy!

And when I say incredibly easy, you should know that I mean they are easy easy easy!  I don't really know how to cook or bake or anything like that, but the concoctions that are in this book don't scare me at all.  I am pretty sure I can handle them and not have to have someone around for support and assistance.

A few of the hacks in here I had heard of before such as putting a chocolate chip into a raspberry or taking nutella and bananas to make "ice cream).  However, there are quite a few I hadn't heard of yet that I am super excited to try: a frozen S'more is the first one that comes to mind!

What I do wish this book had was pictures.  Most of the items don't actually have a photo to go with them.  Though pictures are just a personal preference of mine.  I like knowing if what I made came out looking even remotely like it should have.

This is one that would make a great gift for the friend that is always busy or isn't that comfortable in the kitchen.  Though don't hesitate to buy this one for yourself.  You won't regret it!

My Rating
5 Stars!


Dessert & Booze Hacks by Peggy Wang was provided by Blogging for Books in return for a fair and honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment