Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Time Garden: A Magical Journey and Coloring Book by Daria Song


Title: The Time Garden: A Magical Journey and Coloring Book
Author: Daria Song
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Watson-Guptill; Clr edition
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Source: Blogging for Books


Adult coloring books.  One of my newest addictions.  I am very happy to get to add this one to my collection.

The Time Garden by Daria Song is a little different than most other coloring books that are out there right now.  It is not only just a coloring book, it is also a story.  There are some words to the story, but the pictures that you get to color are what really tell the story.  It is a beautiful journey to get to take.

In regards to the coloring pages themselves, they are on really nice paper.  They are, however, double sided.  You may be able to color them with marker if you desire, but I am too hesitant to try this out myself.  I do not want to accidentally ruin the other side of the page.  This is also unfortunate in that you can't really pull out a page that you absolutely love to frame.  Well you can, if you don't mind taking a page out of the story!

The pictures on the pages are actually quite detailed.  Though they do range in the amount of detail they each contain.  You are sure to find hours of coloring within this one coloring book alone, making it well worth the money you spend on this coloring book.

My Rating
5 Stars!


This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

4 comments:

  1. I love coloring, and this is a book I'd like to look into. I currently have a "postcard coloring book," but the spaces are very tiny and hard to color. I think the publisher just took the illustrations from the full-size book and shrunk them into postcards, which isn't very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't looked too closely at a postcard sized one, though there is one that I know of that I may want some day in the future.

      This one is really nice. Actually, there are a lot that I have come across that are. And wonderfully a lot of them aren't too pricey. When you think about the amount of money you spend on the book and how many hours of enjoyment you are going to get out of it, it all ends up being well worth it in the end.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea! I find it's like meditating. I also love "zentangles/" doodling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love zentangles and doodling too but I have such a hard time letting go and just letting it happen. I always think it looks stupid and want to stop. I am my own worst enemy.

      Delete