Friday, October 23, 2015

An Interview with Blogger Zoey-Rose from Paranormal Books #BBCreativityProject




Team Orange.png



There are a lot of bloggers out there.  There is absolutely no way to keep track of all of us.  Personally, I discover a new blog/blogger every day.

I love the blogging community.  It is such a great way to share my love of books with others.  I really like that no two people blog the same way, that we each like different books, but that we all can come together and share the book love.

I wanted to take time today to introduce you to another blogger that I follow - Zoey Rose.  She has taken the time to answer a few questions about herself, her inspirations, and why she started blogging.  I strongly suggest that you check her out.  You won't be disappointed!

You can find her gorgeous blog HERE

And follow her on twitter HERE


Introduce Yourself!

I'm Zoey-Rose, more often known as Rose, or Cass (one of my various nicknames).  I'm an avid reader, and I'm against slow reading.  I'm an aspiring writer, you can see most of my work on my wattpad: http://wattpad.com/zoeyrosehawthorne.  I'm also really into Music and Movies, and I have aspirations for music as well; I have B Credit in the NZMEB Grade 8 Piano, and I'd Like to use it to further my love of music and really develop my style.

What are your other hobbies outside of reading and blogging?

Well, like I said before, music is a big one.  Besides that, I'm also quite into art and drama.

What do you do for a living?

At the moment, I blog, read, write, listen to music, and chill out while my parents do all the hard work.  I am still unsure of what I'll do when I'm older, but I'll grab the chance when it comes.

How long have you been blogging?

I started my blog Paranorml Books in February 2014 because I needed to publish a review as part of my homework.  Instead of one, I posted three.  At that point, I was very inexperienced and had literally no idea how to use blogger.  I returned in September 2014 and redid my blog, restarted, and really started blogging.

What made you want to start a book blog?

I've seen so many cool blogs online that it drove me to start my own.  At first, I tried, and I'll admit, I really failed.  After that I didn't think I could do it.  Then I am here now, with my blog, and I'm pretty proud.

Who are your blogging inspirations?

I've seen some pretty cool blogs, but my main inspirations has to be Xpresso Reads
Giselle is such a hard worker, as well as her co-bloggers, and they receive books to review from many great publishers.

What has been your favorite or most memorable moment of book blogging?

The start.  I struggled, but then I got the hang of it and zoomed off.

What does blogging mean to you?

Everything and anything.  Anyone can start a blog, but it takes effort to make a good blog and post.  My blog has really given me something to do in my spare time.

What plans do you have for your blog in the future?

Who knows?  I'll just go with the flow and let destiny decide.

What advice or tips would you give new bloggers?

Don't give up.  If you're unsure, Google knows everything.  If you can't find anything, don't be afraid to ask a blogger or make a thread on goodreads.  Bloggers are supportive and will answer your questions.

Is there anything you wish you would have known starting out that would have greatly helped you in your blogging journey?

Virtual book tours.  These are a great way to gain popularity, and they've greatly influenced my blog to this day.

What was your gateway book to reading?

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Who is your favorite author?

Julie Kagawa

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

I have many favourites, argh!  No, I can't decide.  Really just any well written YA.

Favorite character(s)?

Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Celeana Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  Legolas Greenleaf from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, and much much more.

Favorite genre?

Mostly any YA, but specifically YA Paranormal Romance, Dystopia, Sci-Fi and Fantasy

What is an instant turn off in a book for you?

Long descriptive paragraphs.  If an author can't come up with a better way to introduce things, then why write?

Recommend some books that you think everyone should read!

Um... Any YA! Seriously, just start reading, and you'll love it.



Don't forget to check out these other fantastic bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, the post seems quite resourceful and I must thank you for the efforts.love it.
    meatballly

    ReplyDelete