Monday, April 11, 2016

The Tabasco Cookbook: Recipes with America's Favorite Pepper Sauce by Paul McIlhenny and Barbara Hunter


Title: The Tabasco Cookbook - Recipes with America's Favorite Pepper Sauce
Authors: Paul McIlhenny and Barbara Hunter
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Publication Date: February 2, 2016
Source: Blogging for Books

I don't know about you, but I kind of really like spicy food.  I enjoy the water it can bring to my eyes, the way it clears my sinuses, and the way it tastes in general.  There are some foods that I add it to more than others - like eggs.  I am almost always adding the nearest available hot sauce to them.  So, as you can probably guess, when I saw The Tabasco Cookbook available on Blogging for Books, I had to request it for review!

Upon first glance, this book is a lot smaller than I thought it would be.  It is only a little larger than my hand spread out.  That's okay though.  It has been put together well and has a nice sturdy cover that is going to allow it to hold up for a good while.  This is especially great since it is a cookbook and will be used in my disaster of a kitchen.  Too bad the cover is white.  I am sure I will manage to stain it some how.

As for the recipes contained within, I am very pleased with what I have found.  There is quite a wide variety.  You have recipes for breakfasts, soups, drinks, main dishes, side dishes, sauces, and desserts.  You could easily create an entire meal showcasing Tabasco hot sauce if your heart desires. 

What also is fantastic about this is that the book has a spicy meter for each recipe.  The meter is shown as little Tabasco bottles.  One bottle equals a little bit of flavor kick and 4 bottles means you better have your milk ready to help quench the fire going on in your mouth.  Definitely a tool to help you pick out which recipe you should give a go depending on how much spicy you are in the mood for.

As for the recipes themselves, they all seem relatively simple and easy to follow.  Some require only a handful of ingredients, while others require more.  

I look forward to trying the majority of the recipes held within The Tabasco Cookbook.  I will have to pass on a couple because they are just not for me (the one with the frog legs and all of the seafood ones...) but there are still plenty of others that make my mouth water just thinking about!

My Rating
4 Stars

This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment