Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Behind the Blog: Watching Someone Learning to Read

Oh my.

The school year has been intense for my little first grader.  She has grown by leaps and bounds.  She has learned so much in only half a school year so far!

That being said, I have almost no idea what the heck she does at school besides recess and lunch.  She doesn't much like to share her day with me.  It is is frustrating to say the least.

However, one thing I know is that her skill in reading has me really impressed!  She ended up with the teacher at her school whose passion is to teach others to read.  And that passion has really shown through in my child!

It has been great to see my kid go from reading slow and steady to reading at a "average" pace.  She reads words with ease that I can't help be impressed by.  Like...how did you even know that word child?  

But the best part of it all, is the sneak reading my child has started to do.  My kid has always been the kind that only does what she wants when she wants to do it.  If I push too hard, she just won't.  I was worried about her.  I love books, and she seems like she could care less.  But then, I realize books have moved off her shelf.  You can hear the pages turning in the other room.  She is reading on her own, not for homework, but in secret!

That makes my momma heart absolutely burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment