Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Behind the Blog: I'm Back!

 Once upon a time I had a book blog. I read a lot of books and wrote reviews on them. Sometimes I also had other book related content. In short, that blog was about books and only books.

Then I got burnt out on it.

About two years ago I more or less lost the desire to read. I went from reading over 100 books a year to maybe dragging myself through 10. I also didn't want to write reviews. I just felt so pointless.

In the time since then, I have branched out to other hobbies. And while reading stayed. I definitely was doing it less and less. I would color, play video games, craft, do a lot of different things really. While in the back of my mind I would be telling myself to get back into blogging.

And why shouldn't I? I enjoyed it. It was another creative outlet. But the idea of solely writing about the books I hadn't really been reading was just not very enticing to me. Neither was the idea of posting solely about anything else I am interested in.

For awhile now I have been thinking about how I shouldn't be only about books. I am into way more than the written word, even when I find those words to be quite lovely. And then, while reading tonight (yes reading! I am slowly getting back into it FINALLY), I decided that I am going to do it, that I am going to blog again!

So here I am. I really have no specific aim for this blog other than to share my interests with you. I will still share book reviews and bookish goodness with you, but I intend to share much more than that. I really hope you enjoy what you find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment