Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Review: Marked in Ink - A Tattoo Coloring Book by Megan Massacre


Title: Marked in Ink - A Tattoo Coloring Book
Author: Megan Massacre
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: Watson-Guptill
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Source: Blogging for Books


Like so many other people, I am a fan of tattoos.  I only have one myself though...and I forget I have it since I cannot see it as it is located behind my right ear.  I do have a desire to get more of them at some point in time, but I have a problem with committing to a design/art piece.

So that being said, I was instantly intrigued by the idea of this coloring book.  A coloring book filled with tattoo designs?  Yes please!

However, I was a bit hesitant about it as I was afraid it would be filled with boring flash tattoo art.  I really didn't want to color in a bunch of anchors or dice or something.  I personally need more than that to keep my interest.

So when I finally found this coloring book sitting on my porch waiting for me I was pleasantly surprised.  While not all of the designs are to my liking, there are still quite a few in the book that I am looking forward to coloring and adding my own personal touch.

And the paper quality! Oh my!  It may be some of the best paper I have found in a coloring book!  It is nice and thick.  Also, all of the pages are single sided!!!  So you can easily color in this book with whatever medium you choose to.  You can either put some paper behind the page you are working on to keep the next page clear from bleed through damage or you could remove a page and work on it some where else.  Each page is perforated for easy removal which is also great if you decide you want to display one of your coloring masterpieces.

Honestly, Marked in Ink is not my favorite coloring book, but I like it well enough and I look forward to coloring in it.

My Rating
3 Stars

This review is based on a copy provided by Blogging for Books in exchange for a fair and honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment