Monday, September 12, 2016

National Geographic Kids Books Part One

Hi Everyone!

I have had such an awesome opportunity to review quite a few National Geographic Kids books for you that I have decided to bring you the reviews in 2 parts!

Have you ever taken the time to look at the books National Geographic Kids publishes while you are out at the bookstore?  I used to work at one, and I am ashamed to admit that I never did...and I really should have.  These books are pretty fun (while still being educational).

I have quite a few of these books to tell you about so I guess we should get started!  This time around, I have 2 awesomely fun books to share with you!



Title: 125 Wacky Roadside Attractions
Author: National Geographic Kids
Series: Stand Alone
Publisher: National Geographic Children's Books
Publication Date: May 10, 2016
Source: Media Masters Publicity
Rating: 4 Stars

This book is very educational but also very fun!  I must admit I learned quite a bit in this book and I am well over the intended age range!

The wacky roadside attractions that this book introduces us to are all around the world.  So if you were hoping that they were all located in the United States, I sadly report that this is not what you are going to get.

But it does show you places around the world that are really cool!  It will definitely add to a bucket list of places to visit and teach you some fun and interesting facts.


This review is based on a copy provided by Media Masters Publicity in exchange for a fair and honest review.



Title: Real or Fake - Far-Out Fibs, Fishy Facts, and Phony Photos to Test for the Truth
Author: Emily Krieger
Illustrator: Tom Nick Cocotos
Publisher: National Geographic Children's Books
Publication Date: May 10, 2016
Source: Media Masters Publicity
Rating: 4 Stars

Well this one was a lot of fun!

I learned quite a bit from this book that I didn't have any knowledge of beforehand.  One example of this would be Headis!  It is like ping pong, but you play it with your head!!

I also liked that a lot of the "fake" in this book was stuff that people thought was really real at one point in time.  Quite a few of them being April Fool's jokes people took a little too seriously and spread around!

Like I said, this one was so much fun that I barely even noticed that I was learning things while I was reading it!


This review is based on a copy provided by Media Masters Publicity in exchange for a fair and honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment